| Australian School-based Apprenticeships
Many schools now offer Australian School-based Apprenticeships.
Australian School-based Apprenticeships…
- Include apprenticeships and traineeships
- Enable a young person to finish school Years 11 and 12 while they start an apprenticeship or traineeship
- Are 'earn while you learn' apprentices and trainees are paid a training wage or apprentice wage for the time spent 'on-the-job' with their employer (usually one day per week and sometimes block periods as well)
- Are covered by a training contract
- Provide nationally recognised qualifications
- Can lead to continued employment, self employment or further education and training
Australian Technical Colleges
There are to be 25 Australian Technical Colleges throughout Australia, some of which are already open. Australian Technical Colleges are designed specifically to provide Australian School-based Apprenticeships. Australian Technical Colleges offer Australian Apprenticeships in several 'priority' industries including metals and engineering. There may be one in your area. Check the Australian Technical Colleges interactive map.
Employers of some Australian Apprentices will be eligible for Government financial assistance.
To find out more about Australian School-based Apprenticeships…